<$BlogRSDURL$>


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Thursday, December 17, 2009

It has been totally crazy around here lately. Where to begin?

Just about got all of our Christmas shopping done. We still have to get something for our prodigal granddaughter who we haven't seen in more than a year. I'm hoping I can contact her other grandmother and get the present to her somehow. Her father filed a new restraining order against her mother and now she can have no contact with the child in any form. Which means she cannot come to visit us, because she might run into her mom. ACK!!!

Speaking of her mom, she and Mark have moved out. I didn't think they could hack it. The first time the temperatures got near freezing, they moved in with a friend of theirs. I don't mind, really. They needed their privacy and so did we. She still comes over once a week to clean for me and pick up their mail, and she's still using my car until they get their income tax refund. I am looking forward to my next electric bill (oddly enough). Since they moved in my light bill has more than doubled. It will be interesting to see how much it goes down now. I really can't afford a $250 a month light bill. It will also be interesting to see how they manage now that they have to start paying rent and utility bills.

Next week begins our Christmas break from school. YAY!!

I already know what I'm getting for Christmas from Sir Mugley. I know Zoe is getting a little sister, and I'm getting a DVD player so I can watch my operas without Sir Mugley pulling out all his hair! He knows not what he's getting, however. I love surprises! We went overboard with our grandchildren this year. Every year they want us to give them a gift card so they can buy their own gifts, but that gets old. This year they get real gifts.

Comments: Post a Comment
Observations & Rants Blog Directory

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?