<$BlogRSDURL$>


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Yeah, I know. You try finding time to post when you're dealing with finals and fighting a mild case of the flu. That's what I get for going out during the flu season, even if it was just to go to the doctor for a checkup.

On that note, I can say things are looking up a little bit. I've lost seven pounds (yea!) in the past month or two (I know I have a long way to go). I've also got much, much better cholesterol numbers than I had before. So maybe I can avoid following dad's side of the family down the old heart attack rathole.

As far as my breathing situation goes, I was told that I'm not using enough oxygen. Two liters per minute is fine if I'm just sitting around, but if I'm going to be active he wants me to increase it to four! So far, it's been a lot better. At least I don't feel like I'm gonna pass out just walking to the truck. It had been fairly nerve-wracking. On the day of my appointment, just walking into the doctor's office dropped my pO2 level to 77. It's supposed to stay above 90.

More stuff going on. Let's see. I just finished my accounting class, which was mostly a repeat of everything I'd already learned. My next class is Business Communication, and that one starts next Tuesday. Sir Mugley is back in school, working on his second Master's Degree. This time it's Psychology.

My daughter and son in law are still living with us. Mark is a pretty good cook, but he's not gonna be too active for a bit. He had a nasty cyst on his lower back and the doctor lanced it and packed it with gauze. Blech! He is supposed to replace the gauze every day until the wound is better then they are going to operate to remove the "pouch" and sew it shut. He's gonna be laying on his tummy for a while. Shauna is coping as well as she can for a horny old married woman.

Spoiler alert! We're 90% sure that she's gonna have another beebee. It's not doctor-official yet, but all the signs are there. They've wanted to have one for quite a while now, but they just didn't take. After 3 false starts they may finally have done it right. It is a little complicated though, since her ex-husband and his new wife just lost their twins. I don't think she was very far along, but it still could cause problems emotionally, watching Shauna blossom, so to speak.

Comments: Post a Comment
Observations & Rants Blog Directory

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?