<$BlogRSDURL$>


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Friday, November 21, 2008

We were moving things around yesterday, and found our little stuffed bear. She's a pretty white bear, with holly leaves all over her white body. Her name, naturally, is Holly. So in honor of Holly appearing for the holiday seasons, we watched a quadruple set of movies to get into the mood: Holiday Inn, White Christmas, A Christmas Carol, and my daughter's favorite, It's a Wonderful Life.

I keed. She hates that movie. So naturally we watch it every chance we get. That's what loving parents do.

I'm trying to get into the spirit of Christmas early this year. I couldn't do it last year at all, with all the bitterness of my daughter's divorce-in-progress and the kids leaving. This year they will still be gone, but I've had more time to adjust, and I get to talk to most of them. My oldest, Delia, isn't permitted to make long distance phone calls, and her father has no phone so I can't call her. She is pretty isolated as they live outside of town in a trailer with her little 3 year old brother to play with (she's 12). When she left here, she was a happy, active 11 year old tomboy, lean and tall at 5'2". When I saw her in September she had lost her smile, didn't want to talk to anyone, and weighed 150 pounds. Way too heavy. But if her mother says anything about it, her father won't allow Dee to call her mom. It's draconian and there's nothing I can do about it.

Enough with my rant. Someday, when I get moved, I'll be able to get her once in a while. Maybe I can rid her of the toxic ideas he's putting in her head.

Comments: Post a Comment
Observations & Rants Blog Directory

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?