<$BlogRSDURL$>


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Friday, November 21, 2008

I had to deal with some very unpleasant business this week. After talking to my son, Mr. Attitude from Cheers, Boos, Sweat and Spandex I learned with some chagrin that my grandson, Anthony, called his daddy an SOB. Naturally daddy was having none of that. So he grounded him for a week, and made him call both his grandmothers to tell us what he had done. I asked my son how hard I was to be on the boy, since it was a first offense. He said to make him cry. Now, I'm way out of practice on that. So when Anthony got on the telephone, I asked him what he had done, and he told me.
Then I said, "Anthony do you think that I am a bitch? A bitch is a female dog. Is that what you think of me?" "Oh, no, grandma I love you. You're not a dog. I'm sorry, I'm really sorry." I paused, then said, "Okay, I forgive you. When you get mad at someone, instead of saying that word, find another one. Next time you get angry with your daddy, call him a turkey or a beast. Beast was his nickname when he was a baby." "I will grandma, I'm really sorry I said that". "Okay, Anthony. I love you." "Oh, I love you too, Grandma, and I really miss you."
Well, when he said that, I couldn't take it any farther, because he was making me cry. But I guess I did my job, because after he gave the phone back to his dad he started crying in the background. So I don't think he'll be saying it again, at least to his dad. I miss those little boogers. I haven't seen them in a long time.

Comments: Post a Comment
Observations & Rants Blog Directory

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?