<$BlogRSDURL$>


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Folks, I really don't know where I stand on this bailout situation. It is confusing. On one hand, I really don't want to go through a major economic depression, and that's just where the Dems will take us if they don't pass this bailout. On the other hand, I don't think it's fair for all the taxpayers to have to eat the cost of foreclosed mortgages given to people who should never have been approved for the loans in the first place. Nobody is gonna bail me out. Now I understand they've included bad credit card debts, defaulted student loans, and probably a few other types of credit that nobody's gonna be held accountable for. They are even talking about helping foreign banks who hold U.S. mortgages. This sucks. I have lived in my house for 18 years now. I have never (!) missed a single payment. I can't get a home improvement loan to fix the roof, let alone even be considered for a refinance, and we only owe about 7,500 til it's paid off.

One thing I do know is I'm glad McCain suspended his campaign and is going back to work. After all, it is his job to fix this now. I'm sorry Obama had to be called by the President in order to get him back there. I never could have gotten away with that when I was working. My boss didn't have to call and tell me to come to work. I do know that now is the time to find a way to fix this. I would prefer they found an alternative to this monster bailout, but nobody asked me. Whatever they are going to do, they need to settle quickly. We don't need foreign governments looking at us like we can't make a decision as a nation rather than a pack of rabid wombats waiting to tear each other apart. We need to present a united front to our enemies, so they don't see this as a sign of weakness and press their (and our) luck at a time when we might be looking in the other direction.

Comments: Post a Comment
Observations & Rants Blog Directory

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?