<$BlogRSDURL$>


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Saturday, August 30, 2008

I've been reading lots of sites on these here internets, and all I can say is, "WOW!" The more conservative websites are almost all thrilled with McCain's choice, and the more liberal websites are coming up with the most obnoxious responses possible. I'll give you some examples:

She used to be a beauty pageant contestant. So What?

She should be staying at home with her Downs Syndrome baby, not neglecting him and working outside the home. Are you kidding me? Would you say that if she were a father instead of a mother? I thought that's what the progressives wanted... equality?

She doesn't have enough experience to be a heartbeat away from the Presidency. She has more executive experience than Obama, and he wants to be closer than a heartbeat away.

Yeah, but has she been to Iraq? As a matter of fact, yes she has. She went last year. She also went to Germany to visit the wounded troops.

She wouldn't be willing to work with Democrats or Independents. Au Contraire. Not only would she be willing to work with them, she married one, and gave birth to another.

She's in the middle of the trooper-gate scandal. I'll let MataHarley answer that one, in detail.

When you add to that the fact that she is a lifetime member of the NRA, is ardently pro-life, is pro-military (son being deployed to Iraq on Sept. 11), she's looking pretty strong as a choice.

A local resident whose father attends her church said:
"The one thing that Sarah brings is that her husband worked on the north slope. It's very much a working family. Her father was a school teacher, so she doesn't come from money. She's a mother of five and she definitely can relate to the average individual and I think especially in Missouri she can," says Reggie Mcelhannon.
Even Hillary Clinton was gracious in regard to Palin's selection:
“We should all be proud of Governor Sarah Palin's historic nomination, and I congratulate her and Senator McCain," Clinton, the first woman to win a presidential primary, said in the statement. "While their policies would take America in the wrong direction, Governor Palin will add an important new voice to the debate.”
I thought that was nice, even though in the back of my mind I could see her saying it through gritted teeth. Anyway, that's my response. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know what you think.

Comments: Post a Comment
Observations & Rants Blog Directory

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?