<$BlogRSDURL$>


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Saturday, June 14, 2008

What a weekend! Friday was my first-born grandchild's 12th birthday, and as much as it breaks my heart to say so, I was unable to reach her on the phone. She's spending the week with her other grandmother, and every time I tried to call I got one of those stupid messages from the phone company about trying again later. I guess it has something to do with the monsoon we've had the past few days. I hope someone will let her know I tried to reach her. I haven't seen her in a long time, nor any of the other babies, and I miss them terribly. I wish I had room for them to spend a week with me. I'm so jealous.

Sunday is Father's Day. Saturday is Flag Day. So tonight I'm watching Saving Private Ryan. Dad was a tank commander in Europe, my father-in-law landed on the beach the day after D-Day. Did you ever see The Rat Patrol? My FIL was one of the guys who fired the big gun on the back of the jeep. I found out a few days ago he got a Purple Heart while he was deployed. We have no idea what it was for, because he never talked about it. My dad got a Bronze Star for his service. Again, no idea why. Dad passed away in 1989, and my FIL passed in 1994. I still miss them both so much. If your father is still alive, contact him. Let him know you love him. If you have any ill feeling between you, settle them. Life is just too short. The man gave you life; try to respect him for that, if nothing else. Just let him know you're thinking about him this weekend. Really, it won't kill you.

Comments: Post a Comment
Observations & Rants Blog Directory

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?