<$BlogRSDURL$>


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I haven't posted for a few days because it took some time to regain my composure. I kinda lost it with one of the nurses at the doctor's office on Monday. If, by any slim chance, she's reading this, I'm sorry.

I called to get my test results and find out what course of treatment the doctor wanted to follow. I got nowhere. After more than $2,000 worth of tests that the taxpayers are getting stuck with, I'm no closer to an answer than I was before. The blood work they did last week confirmed my LFTs are still elevated, and my cholesterol is still too high. I asked her what the doctor wanted to do, and was told I should discuss it with the new doctor. You see, this doctor is leaving. I have to start over again with a new doctor, back at the clinic I was going to before this one.

I asked her if the doctor didn't want to start me on cholesterol medication, since it wasn't going to go away on its own. She said no, because my LFTs are elevated. Then, of all things, she asked me what I wanted to do! I lost it, and told her "I'd really like to NOT DIE!!" My cholesterol problem is genetic (get yours checked, sis), and my grandmother died from atherosclerosis. My father died from a massive heart attack. I don't want to die yet.

She asked me if I wanted her to schedule an appointment with a gastro-enterologist. I said no. If I have to start all over again with a new doctor, I'll let him tell me what I should do. I've lost all confidence in this doctor.

Anyway, I have an appointment next Monday afternoon. Hopefully this guy can pull his head out and give me some advice that will help.

Before anyone gets the wrong idea, I kept a log of my food and drink intake for a solid month. I did not alter my eating or drinking habits in any way. According to that chart, I am definitely not eating the cholesterol. It has to be hereditary.

Wish me luck.

Comments: Post a Comment
Observations & Rants Blog Directory

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?