<$BlogRSDURL$>


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Boy am I glad it stopped raining! We had to empty the plastic on the ceiling three times so it didn't get too heavy and fall on us. I hate this place. I can't wait to get out of here.

I finally got to talk to my granddaughter yesterday. What a treat! After we get moved, she's gonna come and spend a weekend with us. Also got an email from my daughter. She's finally found a job, and is going to be getting an apartment of her own soon. I'm pretty sure that will make her life and the lives of my son and daughter-in-law a lot easier. I'm sure there's a lot of tension there. It is almost impossible for two families to live under one roof.

Yesterday morning I woke up early to go to the john (you know how it is when you're getting old). I had just reached the bathroom door, and my slipper caught on a tear in the carpet, and down I went! I can't tell you how long I sat there, trying to decide if I was hurt or not. Obviously, I survived, but man am I sore! I landed on my right knee and elbow, and I swear I felt taller when I got up. It was the strangest sensation. Of course, my entire right rib cage is sore as well, and my lower back feels like I was hit with a baseball bat. But nothing is broken, thank God. Now if I could just figure out how to get around without using my right side for a few days....

Comments: Post a Comment
Observations & Rants Blog Directory

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?