<$BlogRSDURL$>


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Friday, September 07, 2007

Here are some recent deaths that really should not go unnoticed, so I'm noticing them:
* D. James Kennedy - One of my favorite television ministers. A conservative man who believed strongly in morals and family values. One of the founding members of the Moral Majority, but he preferred working behind the scenes. You can read about all the great work he was into by clicking here.

* Miyoshi Umeki - Oscar winning actress for her role in Sayonara with Red Buttons. She was probably better known to the average kid as Mrs. Livingston, the housekeeper/substitute mom on Courtship of Eddie's Father on television. On reading her obituary, I found out she lived out her last years about 100 miles from my home. Her obituary can be found here.

* Bandit - Five year old Belgian Malinois died after his supposedly caring police officer partner left him in the car from 9 am to after 10 pm. Sgt. Lovejoy (?) has been booked on a misdemeanor charge of animal cruelty. Bandit's sad story is here.

* Luciano Pavarotti - One of the best tenors ever to grace a stage. Pavarotti died of pancreatic cancer which was diagnosed last year. I love to listen to opera, although that doesn't happen very often when you're married to a trog who thinks opera sounds like animals being mutilated. But when I can, I really enjoy it, and Pavarotti was one of my favorites. He really gave the singing life. His obituary is here.

Comments: Post a Comment
Observations & Rants Blog Directory

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?