<$BlogRSDURL$>


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Monday, November 06, 2006

Just a quick personal note:

First, I'm peeved that I had to postpone starting school until November 13. Thanks for everything CenturyTel. I swear they go out of their way to make me miserable. They have policies you don't know anything about until your hip deep in one. The policy of which I speak is one in which they block all payments by check if you've had two payment problems within a one year time span. When I sent my payment (which was due Oct. 25), I was a little late. I called them to let them know that I had mailed it and the amount. They said no problem. On the 25th, our long-distance service was blocked. That pretty well cuts us off from everyone, since everyone we know is long distance, including my daughter who lives three miles away. When I called them, they said they hadn't received the payment yet, but when they did the block would be removed. After three more phone calls they finally told me they received the payment on November 1. I asked them why they chose to use the Pony Express. They were not amused. They then informed me that the check would be returned to me, because check payments were blocked. There was no notification that this would happen, nor did they tell me this any of the other times I called. So, since I don't use credit cards, I had to go to another town to get the money out of the bank, then go to a third town and put the money on my debit card, just to pay them. Of course, by this time we were into another billing period, so I had another fifty dollars to pay to remove the block. I don't know if I mentioned it before, but I HATE CENTURY TEL TELEPHONE COMPANY.

Comments: Post a Comment
Observations & Rants Blog Directory

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?