<$BlogRSDURL$>


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Friday, September 01, 2006

I don't mean to be so terse with my postings tonight, but September is starting out just as crappy as August ended. Once again, my Social Security check didn't show up when it was supposed to.

Last month, 80 people in this area received their check a day late. This month, five of us didn't get our checks today. Of course, it's nobody's fault. The checks were mailed, they're just lost in transit somewhere. I can only hope it arrives tomorrow, since if it doesn't I'll have to wait until Tuesday before I can even begin to track it down.

In the meantime, thanks to a very kind manager at the local store, we were able to charge some groceries to get us through. But that doesn't really make me feel any better.

When you're on as tight a budget as we are, the least little thing can throw everything into chaos. Some of our bills are paid by automatic payment from the bank, and if that check isn't there, it costs us $33.00 for each insufficient. Just one of those can cause a chain reaction that can take months to correct.

But I'm still alive and relatively healthy, so I should be grateful. Right?

Comments:
You may want to have your SS check deposited automatically every month into your checking account. That way, it's NEVER late!
 
I have considered that, but there's just something about having that check in my hand. Plus, I'd still have to go to the bank to get cash out anyway. It's just very frustrating. I guess I should be grateful they've only been late twice in 15 years.
 
Post a Comment
Observations & Rants Blog Directory

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?