<$BlogRSDURL$>


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Thursday, July 20, 2006

When I was 15, I went to get my learner's permit so I could drive. I had been practicing in my sister's '62 T-bird (man I loved that car), and I was ready. Unfortunately the T-bird was not. So I borrowed a car from a couple at church... it was an Impala with power everything. Never having driven this car before, I attempted the test anyway. I was doing fairly well until it came time to parallel park. They had set up two poles where the cars would be that I had to park between. I managed to break one of them backing into the space, and broke the other one trying to straighten out the car. Needless to say, I didn't get my permit.

But my former roommate topped my story. When she went to take her test, she had to stop in the middle and put gas in the car. Now this was back in the day when someone pumped the gas for you. She was so nervous, when she was ready to leave she thought she had the car in drive, but it was in reverse, and she hit the attendant, breaking his leg.

But this guy topped us both:
The teen, whose name was not released, drove the 2004 black Jeep Cherokee above speed limits, hit four cars and rolled over before going airborne and crashing into another car, which was pushed through the window of a drug store.
In his defense, he apparently had some type of seizure. But I still don't think he'll get his license.

Comments: Post a Comment
Observations & Rants Blog Directory

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?