<$BlogRSDURL$>


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Monday, June 05, 2006

I had to go to the store on Saturday to get the items we forgot to get on Friday. Anyway, on the way home, I'm listening to the radio, when suddenly I flashed back to my yoot. Growing up in Kansas City in the 60's and early 70's, everyone knew the best radio station was WHB am 710. And everyone who listened to that station knew about the caped crusader, the winged warrior, the most fantastic crime fighter the world has ever known... Chickenman (he's everywhere, he's everywhere!) I was a few minutes from home and an episode of Chickenman came on the radio. What a treat! I felt like a kid again.

I actually went to a yard sale Saturday. I hadn't done that in a long time, but a family down the road from us had a sale, so I went down to check it out. I really made out like a bandit. I'd been wanting a new table and chairs for the kitchen. (We've been eating in the frontroom). Well, now I've got a nice set. The table has two drop leaves. It has sturdy whitelegs and a light wood top. The four chairs are very comfortable. The only thing wrong with it is the table top needs to be sanded down and resurfaced. That's no big thing; I can do that myself. If I had gone to a store and purchased this set, it would have been at least a couple of hundred bucks. I paid twenty, and they delivered it to my home.

Neighbors can really be a blessing. Not only did they bring up the table, but this wonderful man asked if he could mow our yard for us! He noticed we hadn't been able to mow (broken mower) so he thought he could bring his brush hog by and take care of it for us. Perhaps he's trying to buy our votes. He's running for county commissioner. Nah, he's not like that. Country folk can be very kind.

So to recap: Great neighbors, radio flashback, new dining set. All in all, a great Saturday!

Comments: Post a Comment
Observations & Rants Blog Directory

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?