<$BlogRSDURL$>


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Monday, April 17, 2006

Well, I hope everybody had a lovely Easter. We did here in Southwest Missouri. Beautiful warm weather (although I'm still waiting for more rain). We had Easter dinner at my daughter's house, and I watched my local grandbabies hunt Easter eggs. Of course, these days they don't use real eggs; they're all plastic and full of candy. I kinda miss the old days of coloring the hard-boiled eggs and hunting them in the backyard. My dad was an expert at hiding those little suckers, too; sometimes we'd find them a week or more later. Then we'd have lots of deviled eggs, and boiled eggs with our lunches. Mom would always make an Easter cake; an angel food cake with lucious marshmallowy frosting with a coconut nest on top full of candy "eggs". We always had a blast. My son called and let me know he was making one of those cakes this year, except he hates coconut. It didn't dawn on me until it was too late that he could have used white chocolate instead. Just shave it and color it green. Oh well, maybe next year. Anyway the holidays are over, and we must get on with life.

Comments: Post a Comment
Observations & Rants Blog Directory

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?