<$BlogRSDURL$>


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Saturday, April 08, 2006

There were a couple of notable deaths while I was gone. First was author Henry Farrell, who wrote some of the best psychological horror stories of my lifetime: "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?" and "Hush, Hush.... Sweet Charlotte". After seeing the latter, to this day I can't sleep with my arm hanging off the side of the bed. I know, I know. Pathetic.

Another notable who passed away was singer Gene Pitney. He was noted for singing "Town Without Pity" and "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance". However, he also wrote a couple of very good songs from the day: "Rubber Ball", recorded by Bobby Vee, and "Hello Mary Lou", recorded by Rick Nelson.

Two very good talents who will be missed.

Comments: Post a Comment
Observations & Rants Blog Directory

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?