<$BlogRSDURL$>


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Saturday, April 29, 2006

I came across this meme while perusing my blogroll last night and thought it would be fun. If you're a blogger, feel free to give it a shot.

1. Were you named after anyone? Yes, my mother's best friend (first name), and my grandfather (middle name). That may sound a little strange, but the doctor told my folks I was gonna be a boy, so when I proved them wrong, Dennis was changed to Denise.

2. Do you wish on stars? Not since I was a little kid.

3. Do you like your hand writing? No way. It used to be pretty, but now it's really sloppy and hard to read. That's probably because I type so much and write so little.

4. What is your favorite meat? Beef, absolutely. I tolerate pork and chicken, but if I couldn't have beef I'd be heartbroken. Fish is good, but I needs my steak, burger, roast....

5. What is the most embarrassing CD on your shelf? Probably Roy Mercer vs. Yankees, but only because of the adult language.

6. If you were another person, would YOU be friends with you? I doubt it. I'm hard to get to know in person, although I'm very outgoing on the phone and computer.

7. Are you a daredevil? I used to be. I was always first to line up for the new roller coasters, and tended to drive too fast as a young adult. I don't do that much any more.

8. When was the last time you cried? I hate to cry, so it doesn't happen very often. But I believe the last time was when my son moved his family to Indiana. I miss them something awful. Before that, the last time was when I went to see "Passion of the Christ".

9. Did you ever tell a secret you weren’t supposed to? I'm sure I probably did. I don't keep secrets from my husband. But other than him, I'm very reliable.

10. How do you release anger? I used to throw pencils when I'd get angry, but one time I embedded one in the dining room wall. We left it there as a reminder to get a grip on myself. Also, Sir Mugley tells me that when I'm angry, my very dark brown eyes get positively black. And I know how to use them to get the point across. People around me know when I get like that, just leave me alone until I calm down.

11. Where is your second home? Second home? I barely have a first!

12. Do you trust others easily? I try to give people the benefit of the doubt. But if someone lies to me, it takes me a long time to trust them again.

13. What class in college do you think is totally useless? I'd probably have to say Philosophy. I prefer classes that have right and wrong answers. And, being as I'm fairly lazy, I would do away with Phys. Ed. as a requirement.

14. Have you ever been in a mosh pit? Not a chance.

15. What do you look for in a guy? Honesty, respect, love of God, and a good sense of humor, not necessarily in that order.

16. Would you do a bungee jump? I have a major fear of falling, so that would be a big no.

17. What’s your favorite ice cream flavor? Any kind of chocolate. Dark, light, chipped, mint, I love them all. Vanilla would come in second, because you can do so many different things with it.

18. What is your least favorite thing? Spiders. I was bitten as a child and am in dread of them now. I'm also terrified of drowning. I can't swim, so I get really nervous driving across a bridge over water. I guess my worst way of dying would be seeing a spider in my car while driving over a bridge, and losing control and going off into the water. Yikes!

19. How many people do you have a crush on right now? If we're talking TV star type crush, I'd guess four or five. If we're talking real life, none. I'm quite satisfied with the man I've got.

20. What do you miss most right now? Being healthy.

21. What are you listening to right now? The television in the background and two dogs snoring on the floor.

22. What is the weather like right now? Dark. I kid. It's raining (finally) and mild.

23. Last person you talked to on the phone? My daughter in law. She called so I could wish my youngest grandchild a happy third birthday.

24. The first thing you notice about the opposite sex? His eyes.

25.Favorite drink non-alcoholic? I would have to say Coke, although coffee and tea follow pretty closely.

26.Favorite alcoholic drink? I haven't had one in a very long time, because of the medications I have to take, but when I was able to partake I preferred Tom Collins, or occasionally, peach or strawberry Schnapps and 7-up.

27. Haircolor? Mostly dark, dark brown, but it's getting grayer every day.

28. Eyecolor? Dark, dark brown.

29. Wear contacts? No way. I hate having anything in my eyes. I do have to wear glasses for reading now, though, since my cataract surgery.

30. Last movie you watched? The Chronicles of Narnia. I almost cried when Aslan died.

31. Favorite day of the year? The third Sunday in February. Daytona 500! It's almost springtime.

32. How many people have a crush on you right now? I doubt seriously that anyone does.

33. Scary movies or happy endings? Both. I love old-fashioned horror flicks like Psycho or The Birds. But I also love action movies and dramas with happy endings. I'm not too fond of chick flicks, however.

34. Summer or winter? Can I say in-between? Spring is my favorite. I get the fresh, warm air in the daytime, and get to wear my sweaters in the evening.

35. What book/magazine are you reading at the moment? I'm in between books right now.

36. What’s on your mouse pad? I don't use one.

37. What did you watch on TV last night? Just about everything. Let's see: Deal or No Deal, Las Vegas, Conviction, Ghost Whisperer, Close to Home, Numb3rs, the news, and syndicated sitcoms after the news.

37.Favorite Smell? Freshly baked bread.

38. Do you regret ever breaking up with someone? No.

39.Favorite actor/actress? This is a tough one. All-time favorite actor would have to be John Wayne; favorite actress would be Katherine Hepburn.

Comments: Post a Comment
Observations & Rants Blog Directory

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?