<$BlogRSDURL$>


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Sunday, March 05, 2006

What a time we're having here in Missouri! We finally got a schpritz of rain this morning, enough to settle the dust. But we're in for more! Rain tomorrow, then again Tuesday through Friday. Finally. The water levels are so low here, I've been stalling doing laundry because I don't know how deep our well is.

Anyway, I got a call from our son, Wolf from Pack News, who moved to Indiana a few months ago. He's so excited, they're finally getting a house. No more living with the in-laws! I'm sure both sides are breathing a sigh of relief. I know how difficult it can be to live with in-laws. When Sir Mugley and I first moved back to Missouri from Oregon, we wound up living with his parents for a little over a year. God alone prevented me from killing his mother. We had no privacy whatsoever, she complained about us to her friends constantly, and she listened in on my private telephone conversations. Then she got mad when I called her on it. I guess they'll be moving in next week or so.

While we were out yesterday, doing our usual payday stuff, we stopped at McDonald's for lunch. We hadn't eaten there in a very long time, and a Big Mac really sounded good. So I had one with fries, and a Shamrock Shake. All-in-all more lunch than my body is used to. Then we had boiled shrimp for dinner, with a side salad. To make a long story short, too much rich food in one day is not something I'll be doing again anytime soon. I was so sick... I'll spare you the details.

When we went to Wal-Mart, I finally gave in and used one of those motorized shopping carts. They're not so bad. I did feel a little self-conscious using one, as I consider myself too independent to need assistance. Now I feel like I've entered a new phase of my disability. I can't say that I like it much. I suppose I will adapt, but I may have to rebel a little bit. We'll see.

Comments:
last week I was nearly run over by a lady in one of those machines at Walmart. Her daughter told me that her mom was just learning how to back it up . we all had a good laugh. Like your blog.
 
Post a Comment
Observations & Rants Blog Directory

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?