<$BlogRSDURL$>


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Thursday, March 16, 2006

I'm going out on a limb here. I'm sure this will not be a popular opinion, but I'm throwing it out there anyway. Sirhan Sirhan was denied parole again today, the 13th time it has come up. He was convicted in the 1968 murder of Robert Kennedy in the Ambassador Hotel kitchen. I remember that night; only a couple of months after the death of Martin Luther King.

Here it is: why is his parole being denied? He only killed one person. Granted, he was a popular Senator, but still... Other murderers have been in and out by now.

Seriously, I don't want him out of prison, either. I just don't understand why one person's death is considered more punishable than another person's death. I'm just asking.

Comments:
That's a fair question. While I happen to think that anyone who commits a murder such as that (i.e. cold blood, laying in wait) should not ever be granted parole, your question is still a fair one.
 
Post a Comment
Observations & Rants Blog Directory

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?