<$BlogRSDURL$>


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

I was going to leave the immigration issue to people who have studied it more thoroughly than I, but I'm really getting cheesed over this whole thing. People are marching in the thousands to promote breaking the law? Since when is this a good thing? We have immigration laws on the books that need to be enforced. It's not just a Mexico/America problem here, people. If they can cross the border, who's to stop anyone else from doing the same? We need to stop the infiltration of our nation. If someone from another nation wants to immigrate to our country, let them do it legally. I really don't care that it takes a long time; it should. It's not something that should be taken lightly. And I'm not buying for one minute that we need illegal immigrants to do the jobs that "Americans won't do". How do you know? Let's get some of these young people who are constantly getting into trouble out there, working the fields or doing these "undesirable" jobs. They don't have to like it; it will strengthen their characters. And it will keep them from having too much time on their hands, which always leads to trouble. I'm not a racist; this has nothing to do with race. So don't even go there. We don't need more immigration laws, nor do we need guest workers. We need to enforce the laws we have. That is all. Okay, feel free to disagree. That's the great thing about this country.

Comments:
I SO agree with you! Let them become legal like most of the rest of our families did. If they're not here legally, they're ILLEGAL! And I also think we have enough young people who could take those jobs, and learn a little something about making a living instead of sitting around complaining.

[Thanks for the welcome too, Denise. I've been here a few times before, and I like it here.]
 
Post a Comment
Observations & Rants Blog Directory

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?