<$BlogRSDURL$>


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Friday, February 03, 2006

Okay, a couple of things I wanted to mention tonight. As far as the State of the Union goes, the speech was okay. Not his best, certainly not his worst. On the other hand, the left side of the room was an embarrassment to the thinking people of this nation. When they stood and cheered about not passing reforms to Social Security, I felt total shame. Thank God I didn't vote for any of them. Don't get me wrong; I have voted for Democrats, both in the past and in the most recent elections. I always try to vote for whomever is the best person for the job, no matter what party they're involved with. So it's not a Democrat thing. It's a matter of respect. Even if they don't respect the person holding the office (and it's obvious they don't) they could still respect the office.

Enough of that. As far as the Oscars go, no surprise there. They should rename them. Oscar doesn't quite sound gay enough. I'm sure you can come up with examples. Why does the Academy pretend they're selecting the best movies? They certainly didn't select the most popular movies, or Star Wars 3 and Harry Potter would have more nominations. As would Narnia. Or any other family film.

Next. I've been watching 24 again this year. I bailed last year about 3 hours in, then picked it up again at the end. I have a couple of things I'd like to mention. First, there's been a lot of discussion that Jack Bauer never has to go to the bathroom. Is that really such a surprise? After all, this is the first year that I know of where he actually got to eat a meal. That breakfast is gonna have to last. Also, is it just me, or is everybody just a little more snarky than they've been in the past? If you want to keep up with the mighty Mr. Bauer, go to Blogs 4 Bauer. They live-blog every episode, so you won't miss a single kill.

Okay, I'll stop. Friday is payday, and I've got a lot to do. Trips to the bank, the grocery store, and I need to refill my credit card. I give myself an allowance every month, and put it on a prepaid credit card. It's working well for me. This month we're gonna get one for my husband. I bet I save more money than he will.

I'll do a couple of posts tonight, then some more tomorrow. Gotta get back into the swing of things here, before I lose my few readers.

Comments: Post a Comment
Observations & Rants Blog Directory

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?