<$BlogRSDURL$>


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Monday, February 06, 2006

Now people, this is the kind of thing that, pardon my Fwench, really pisses me off:
A man convicted more than 40 times of drunken driving or driving without a valid license has been sentenced to a year in jail, a day after his arrest on yet another driving charge.
I cannot begin to tell you how I feel about this. People are constantly screaming for tougher and tougher drunk driving laws. What's the point? The courts just slap them on the wrist and let them go. I know around here offenders are given a fine. Not even shock time until about the third offense. If you want to stop drunk drivers, Lock. Them. Up. It's that simple. I have had alcoholic relatives in my life, and I have dealt with drunks who overstepped their bounds. I realize getting drunk can be a difficult problem to kick. I've watched from the sidelines as Acidman got his act together, and I thank God he did. If someone wants to get totally blottoed, that's their business. If they want to do it, then drive, that's MY business. I don't want to bury any of my grandchildren. If you're gonna drink, stay home.

Comments: Post a Comment
Observations & Rants Blog Directory

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?