Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

I tell ya, the past couple of days have really been bizarre. I had my own minor run-in with Debbie Schlussel, which was totally unwarranted. I ask a simple question, all I ask in return is a simple answer, which I did not get. But I don't want to go into that right now; she might actually come through with the information I was seeking and that will end it. If not....

Last night I went to bed about 10:00 and actually slept all night. I swear. Now my family knows how rare that actually is. Not necessarily the sleeping a long time (although that has gotten more rare as I age) but the fact that I slept at night must mean the world is ending. And, believe it or not, I didn't wake up with a headache like I usually do. AND...I felt like cleaning my house! My Lord in Heaven, I must be possessed or something! I never want to clean my house!

I got about half my kitchen clean, and Sir Mugley did some ceiling repairs and general mess-making in the front room, but he did bag up all the trash for me (thanks babe!). By that time I was exhausted, so we went for our regular afternoon nap (it's great to be old). But for some reason, I couldn't sleep. So I got up and got ready to go to the store. When I went outside, I looked up the road and there were about six emergency vehicles all over the highway. So Sir Mugley decided to go to the store with me, as we don't get that much excitement around here. Some woman had wrecked her car just off the end of our road on the highway, and was pinned in the car. Her leg was badly injured and her foot nearly severed at the ankle. My son-in-law was in the car with her, trying to keep her from bleeding to death. A helicopter landed right there on the highway to life-flight her to Springfield. After that we went to the store, mainly to get Mugley some Diet Coke. So I get there and get everything we need BUT the Diet Coke. We don't realize we forgot it until an hour after getting home.

I also got some new pictures of my babies in Indiana. Those boys are so beautiful. Unfortunately the two older ones have to take ADD meds now. I'm sorry to hear that.

My daughter came over this evening to pick up her share of the pics, and to bring me a box of Valentine candy my son-in-law bought me. That really capped off my day. I laughed so hard when I opened that box. You see, she'd been storing it on its side, leaning against her computer. Yep, you guessed it. I opened the box and it was one big piece of candy, all melted together. Made for some interesting taste combinations, let me tell ya.

Anyway, I'm getting a bunch of stuff for ya for tomorrow night, so be prepared. See ya.

What? The only cute ones are the boys huh???
Of course, of course. The big wolf is not nearly as cute as he used to be, back when he was blond and cried all the time. But I still love him, er... you. Miss ya wolfie!
Post a Comment
Observations & Rants Blog Directory

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?