<$BlogRSDURL$>


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Friday, December 02, 2005

What a day. I had to go to OACAC (Ozarks Area Community Action Center)today and waste two hours listening to a series of tips and hints on energy saving. They do the same meeting every single year, and I'd blow it off, but if I did I couldn't get the energy assistance they offer every winter. It's hard to ignore someone offering to pay $600 of your heating bill every winter. So I yawned my way through it, and I'm set for the year. I don't like to use the money (really I don't), but they insist on it. They tell me if I don't use it, they have to give it back to the state offices, then they have trouble getting more later. So I'm supposed to let them pay my light bill, even when I can afford it, until they run out of money. What a crazy world we live in.

I got all signed up for that Medicare Part D Prescription crap. Actually, they sent me a letter telling me which plan I should use. It's a really good deal for me, since most of the drugs I take are generic. The new plan costs nothing for generic drugs. My problem now is my local pharmacy isn't signed up with this particular plan. They want me to change to another plan. So now it's either change plans, or change pharmacies. I'll probably change pharmacies. Granted I'll have to drive farther, but when Sir Mugley gets out of grad school we'll be moving, and I'd have to change pharmacies then anyway.

I also found out today that a friend of ours died yesterday. He was in his mid 50's. He and his sons were working on their well, and after the boys went in for the night he apparently had a heart attack. They found him the next morning lying on the ground, with the upper half of his body hanging down into the well opening. This has got to be hard on his wife, who's still recovering from a really nasty wreck last May where she broke her pelvis in three places. If you are a praying person, please remember them in your prayers.

Comments: Post a Comment
Observations & Rants Blog Directory

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?