<$BlogRSDURL$>


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Producer Mark Damon is developing an eight-hour miniseries based on Leo Tolstoy's epic "War and Peace". I read the book when I was a teenager, just because I'd heard how hard it was to read. But I finished it. It was kinda hard to follow, so I'm hoping the movie will clear it up for me. That is, if they show it on television. It will probably wind up on cable. Long gone are the days when a network would give up a full week or more for a miniseries, like they did with "Roots", "Shogun", and "Backstairs at the White House". All excellent series, by the way. Any more, the powers-that-be think a two-part movie is a miniseries. Not by a long shot, in my opinion.

Comments: Post a Comment
Observations & Rants Blog Directory

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?