<$BlogRSDURL$>


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Saturday, December 24, 2005

Merry Christmas to all my loyal readers (both of you). I hope everyone who visits here has a joyous Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Eid, or (for atheists) holiday season. I probably won't post again until after the weekend. I babysat for my daughter Wednesday night so she and her husband could finish their shopping. Despite her assurances the children were in good health (with my COPD I get sick easily) when I got there, the three who were home were all a bit under the weather. (The oldest granddaughter is spending the week with her other grandmother). The smallest child was wiping his nose on everything in sight, the older boy was coughing on everyone, and my other granddaughter was running a fever and complaining of a stomachache. In addition, the house smelled faintly of formaldehyde. By the time I got home, I had a headache as well. I finally figured out that the baby goats my daughter was bottle feeding were the source of the smell. After she aired out the house on Thursday and changed their blankets, everybody felt better. I don't think she'll try taking on five babies at a time any more.

Anyway, today I've been fighting a sinus infection all day, and at present feel like my eyes are being pushed out of my head. Tomorrow, I have to make cheese dressing, and a huge pot of homemade chicken and noodles (my son-in-law loves these). I also have Christmas presents to wrap, and will be expecting a call from my son, who couldn't make it home for Christmas this year (as I expected). He'd better call if he knows what's good for him. He was too chicken to let me know they couldn't make it; he had his wife call.

So I probably won't post again until Monday evening. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. Drive carefully and enjoy your families. You never know how long you're gonna have them around. Don't take them for granted.

Comments: Post a Comment
Observations & Rants Blog Directory

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?