<$BlogRSDURL$>


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

I got a call from my daughter-in-law in Indiana yesterday. As I expected, they're not coming for Christmas this year. I knew they wouldn't be able to. They haven't lived there long enough to get time off for a trip. She and my son both have to work on Christmas Eve. She told me that Tom and the boys could come when he got off work, but she wouldn't be able to. I told her that if they all couldn't come home for Christmas, then they needed to stay together. Kids should be with their Mom and Dad at Christmas time, don't you think? Of course, I haven't heard from my son yet. He's afraid to call me cuz he thinks I'll be mad about it. I'm not mad at all. Like I said, I didn't expect they'd be able to get off work. So we're sending the boys a Wal-Mart gift card, with instructions to use them for stuff they wanted, not stuff they needed. I'm sure they can put them to good use.

Comments: Post a Comment
Observations & Rants Blog Directory

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?