<$BlogRSDURL$>


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Wow, what a weekend! Thursday we had dinner at the daughter's house. It was really nice. Even nicer that her mother-in-law didn't show. I just don't like her very much. Every time she gets mad at the kids for any reason, she turns them in to DFS for no particular reason. Of course she denies it, but it's just a little too coincidental in my opinion. Anyway, she wasn't there so it was nice and peaceful. We had a lot of fun with the kiddies, and were totally exhausted when we got home.

Friday, I spent a lot of time making copies of my sister's wedding video from March. I had promised my brother and sisters a copy of it. I also made each of them a mixed CD for Christmas. My brother got country/bluegrass, my oldest sister got gospel, next oldest sister 50's and 60's rock and roll, and younger sister got a CD that was part funny stuff I'd collected, and part Bo Bice from American Idol. She loves his singing.

Saturday was the family Christmas get together. I drove to Carthage for the reunion, and was actually the first one there for a change. I'm usually last. After we'd all been told not to buy any gifts this year, I had brought the videos and cd's wrapped as gifts. My brother made us all beautiful wooden benches for our homes. They're really nice. My oldest sister brought homemade cookies and zucchini bread, and my younger sister brought everyone a stocking which contained two each of Skittles, M&M's, Reese's Pieces, microwave popcorn and two 8 ounce bottles of Coke, along with a gift card from Blockbuster. The sister that hosted the party was shocked that everybody brought something, so she said she'd get even next year. I'm almost afraid to see what that means!

Sunday was recovery day. I spent the day eating stuff from the stocking and the homemade goodies and watching football. Sunday night we had a pretty nasty wind storm come through. There was a funnel cloud over by Lockwood, which is about 15 miles from here. The mayor didn't think it was bad enough to sound the tornado sirens. I'm glad I don't have to answer for that. It's just a good thing no one was injured.

So now I'm back. We had a few flurries today, but nothing serious. Just enough to blow around on the road. And now I'm ready to blog again. Did you miss me?

Comments: Post a Comment
Observations & Rants Blog Directory

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?