<$BlogRSDURL$>


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Saturday, November 12, 2005

Today is the beginning of deer season in these parts. My son-in-law is going up near Stockton this morning in hopes of bagging a large buck he's had his eye on for a while. I'm just glad he decided to wait until next year to start taking his oldest son, Sammy. He's not big enough to hold the rifle right, and he'd probably shoot somebody.

After he tries to get the buck, he's going after some younger meat. For some reason, this year there's plenty of deer to go around, and you can get as many tags as you want. He'll probably fill his freezer. We'll get some of the deer burger from them. It's great in chili, mainly because you can't taste the wildness of the venison. I can't eat it otherwise. I never developed a taste for it, but I'll cook it for my husband if he wants some deer steak. I'll eat pasta instead.

Anyway, if you're going hunting this week, please be careful. Somebody might want you back.

Comments: Post a Comment
Observations & Rants Blog Directory

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?