<$BlogRSDURL$>


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

You know, if I still lived in Independence, MO and had children in school, I'd probably be in jail on a regular basis:
Six of the 21 public schools in Independence have banned parents from their classrooms this year.

Pye and other principals who have banned parents said attorneys have approved the effort. But state lawyers said they interpret the privacy rule to deal only with student records, not parents visiting classrooms.

Independence superintendent Jim Hinson said he agrees with the state. But he said principals at the six schools began the parental ban because of disruptive parents who interrupt instruction time.
Boloney! If my school had a rule that outrageous, my children would be banned from attending. I would be worried about what they're teaching my children that they didn't want me to hear.

Comments:
Hi.
I live in Indeoence and my daughter attends the school Dr Pye is the principle of, please, I'd love any more info you have on any of this, as I have reservations about much that goes on in this town, but especially the fact these pyschologists are running the schools.
I'd love to hear anymore inout you have on this matter.

erin@erinoia.com

Erin Miller
 
Post a Comment
Observations & Rants Blog Directory

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?