<$BlogRSDURL$>


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Monday, September 19, 2005

We had an enjoyable but loud barbecue at the daughter's house yesterday for our anniversary. It was a lot of fun, having all the grandbabies in one place at one time. I'm still not dealing well with the fact that the son and daughter-in-law are planning to move to Indiana, where her mother lives. There were a couple of episodes that caused me to tear up. The smallest of the brood, Austin, picked a flower off the rose of sharon plant outside and brought it to me. As he handed it to me he said, "I love you, grandma." I almost squeezed him to death, I was hugging him so hard. Then Anthony, the oldest of my son's boys, came in the house and climbed up in my lap to give me a hug. When I asked him what that was for, he said no reason. That, to me, is the best reason of all. We had a wonderful lunch, and all the kids played well together. I cried on and off all evening, every time the realization they were leaving came over me. They say they're coming back for Christmas, but we all know how circumstances can change. It would be a 10 hour trip in a car with 3 small children in winter weather.

I asked Tom how he knew there would be a job when he got there. It seems the man his mother-in-law is dating does the hiring. So she's sure he can get a job. They are going to have to live with her (big surprise) until she gets some kind of settlement next year. Then she's going to give them the down payment for the house of their choice. I'm sorry, but that just sounds bogus. I don't know her; she may be telling the truth. If she's not, I may have to open up a drum of...well, you know.

Comments: Post a Comment
Observations & Rants Blog Directory

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?