<$BlogRSDURL$>


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Friday, September 02, 2005

I'm back. It's been a very hectic time in our nation, hasn't it? Our prayers go out to the survivors and familiess of the victims of Katrina. There are relief activities going on everywhere. Give what you can, or volunteer to help if you can.

I am torn regarding the fate of New Orleans. Of course, I hate that people died. They shouldn't have. I just don't get it. With earthquakes, there is no real warning, unless your pet is tuned in. And tornadoes, well you usually have about 15 minutes. Enough time to get to shelter in most cases. But with hurricanes, you have about a week. Why did those people stay there? Why, with the Gulf of Mexico on one side, Lake Ponchartrain on another, and the Mississippi River on a third, weren't the levees in a condition to handle the problem? Why is that idiot of a mayor blaming the Governor and the President for the anarchy he has allowed to happen? Why, in the midst of all the destruction, are people stealing televisions and basketball hoops? Why not steal food and clothing if you have to steal something. The city of New Orleans has had years to improve the levees. Why wasn't it done? Why expect someone else to tend to your problems, mayor? Grow up and accept responsibility for the fact that you didn't have a plan, and the entire city is now a shooting gallery!

Enough about that. I just had to vent. Now to good stuff. I can read again!! I went to the doctor for a one week post-op check and everything is great. The surgery was almost a total success. I didn't realize there were two different kinds of cataracts. Naturally, I'd have the more difficult type. They got most of it, but I'll probably have to have laser surgery at the end of the year. I'm now looking forward to having the other eye done. I was worried about the surgery; the idea of someone sticking a needle in my eye was not high on my wish list. But you can't see it. Once you're on the table, they drape your face so all that's exposed is the eye being fixed. Then they shine a bright light in it and that's all you can see. You can't feel anything except when they use the retractor to keep your eyelids open. The surgery was over in 10 minutes. Then came the pain. They don't tell you the drape is held on your face by superglue. I think they ripped off the top layer of skin. Anyway, I can read now, with glasses, but distance is perfect. I'm looking forward to the other surgery. Right now, without the glasses on, it's a little like looking through a Viewmaster. Everything is ultra 3-D. But I'm back, and I'll be blogging tomorrow night so be prepared. I've got a lot of venom backed up and need to vent.

Comments: Post a Comment
Observations & Rants Blog Directory

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?