<$BlogRSDURL$>


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Saturday, August 13, 2005

Why do people do this sort of thing to their bodies?
A Japanese champion eater fended off 30 challengers to win a dumpling eating contest in Hong Kong Saturday, downing 83 steamed dumplings in eight minutes.

In his first contest in Hong Kong, Takeru Kobayashi, 27, picked up the vegetarian dumplings with chopsticks and swallowed many of them almost effortlessly. The professional competitive eater even flaunted his abdominal muscle after he finished eating.
I can't imagine the strain this probably put on his digestive system. I've never understood eating contests. I guess I never will. Feel free to explain it to me, if you can.

Comments: Post a Comment
Observations & Rants Blog Directory

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?