<$BlogRSDURL$>


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Saturday, August 06, 2005

What a great day we had Friday! I finally got to meet my son's boys. I hadn't seen them since the oldest one was just starting to stand up. He will be in the second grade this year. They are so beautiful! The two older boys have dark hair and beautiful blue/green eyes, and the baby looks just like his father did when he was that age. Blond hair, blue eyes, adorable. He was a little shy, but finally let grandma hold him and rock him and kiss his widdle head. The boys also got to meet their cousins, my daughter's four kids. It worked out real well because of the ages. Delia is oldest at nine. Samuel and Anthony are seven. Marcus and Gwendolyne are about the same age, and Nathan and Austin are about the same age. So we're sitting around a picnic table, watching the kids play on the slide and swings. It was all I could do to keep from crying. I waited so long for this day to come. We're going to get together again in a couple of weeks for a picnic. I want to spend as much time as possible with my babies. Of course, son and daughter are going to be having a tug of war over where we'll be spending the holidays. I don't care where, as long as we're all together. We've been apart for far too long. Anyway, little Marcus gave his grandpa a stick. Nothing special about it, just a stick. I'll have you know that stick has a place of honor on our bookshelf. We also need to get the boys baseball caps "like grandpa wears". What a great sound! I know I'm gushing; that's what grandmas do. They're lucky I didn't squeeze the stuffing out of them. Enough about that for now.

Comments: Post a Comment
Observations & Rants Blog Directory

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?