<$BlogRSDURL$>


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

What a crazy week I've had here! My doctor changed my meds again, this time for the good. So by the weekend I've readjusted to the changes, and I'm getting ready to get on with life. We received a financial miracle so I'll be able to have my eye surgery this weekend, and we thought things would start calming down. Then came Sunday. Nasty storms were in the area, but we weren't really worried. We'd needed rain for a long time. There weren't any storm watches or warnings at all. That's when we heard it. We had a small tornado go over our place Sunday afternoon. It didn't touch the ground, but it did destroy a sizable tree, which fell on our power line. We're still dealing with that. Our electric company said it's not their problem, since the part of the line that's impaired is between the power pole and the house. So I've got to find an electrician. In the meantime, our power is surging occasionally, just often enough to mess up the circuits. Every surge means resetting every electronic clock in the house, and our television shuts itself off. I'm terrified we'll have a fire before I can find someone to reattach the line to the house. So I'll be gone for a while longer, since I'm having eye surgery on Friday and probably won't be able to read very well for a few days. Don't abandon me completely guys, I'll be back next week. Take care.

Comments: Post a Comment
Observations & Rants Blog Directory

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?