<$BlogRSDURL$>


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Saturday, July 02, 2005

This is getting ridiculous. Thanks to a law passed last year, it has beoome much more difficult to renew your driver's license in the state of Missouri. Now you have to prove you are in this country legally. Ordinarily that would require a birth certificate. But if you've ever been married, or had a different name, you have to provide that information as well. So when I go to renew my license, I have to take my birth certificate and my marriage license. Of course, how many people keep that stuff laying around the house? Not many. So you have to go to the state to get copies. That's 15 dollars for a copy of the birth certificate. God knows how much for the marriage license. And what about people who have been married before? Every name change must be accounted for. Ridiculous!! Just another way to rip off the people in this state. I've had my driver's license for 31 years, and now I have to jump through hoops to keep it. This sucks!

Comments: Post a Comment
Observations & Rants Blog Directory

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?