<$BlogRSDURL$>


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Monday, May 23, 2005

What a week! The graduation ceremonies on Saturday were beautiful, but hot. They held commencement outdoors at 10 in the morning, which was fine. But it wasn't over until around 12:15, and by that time a lot of people were getting sunburned. I know I did. Fortunately, I was wearing a long-sleeve shirt, so I only burned on my hands and my ears (the sun was behind me). Anyway, it was a beautiful ceremony, and Congressman Roy Blunt, who used to be President of the University, was the commencement speaker. I was a little leery about it, but he only spoke for about 10 minutes. After the ceremonies, we went to our daughter's house, where we had a cookout for as much family as could attend. I was really surprised to see my older sister there, as she and her husband had a fire in their home a couple of days ago. No one was injured, but they're living in a motel right now.

Anyhoo, I'll be back to my old self tomorrow night. I'm still recovering from the bronchitis and all the excitement this weekend. Read the blogroll, click the ads. Repeat until you hear different from me. Mind your granny now!

Comments: Post a Comment
Observations & Rants Blog Directory

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?