<$BlogRSDURL$>


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Friday, May 06, 2005

A middle school band has been informed that they can't play "Louie Louie" because of complaints about the dirty lyrics.

So now, as a public service to my readers, here are the original lyrics to Louie, Louie, as written by Richard Berry:
Louie Louie, me gotta go.
Louie Louie, me gotta go.

A fine little girl, she wait for me.
Me catch the ship across the sea.
I sailed the ship all alone.
I never think I'll make it home.
Louie Louie, me gotta go .

Three nights and days we sailed the sea.
Me think of girl constantly.
On the ship, I dream she there.
I smell the rose in her hair.
Louie Louie, me gotta go.

Me see Jamaican moon above.
It won't be long me see me love.
Me take her in my arms and then
I tell her I never leave again.
Louie Louie, me gotta go."
(By Richard Berry. Copyright 1957-1963 by Limax Music Inc.)
Thank you very much.

Comments: Post a Comment
Observations & Rants Blog Directory

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?