<$BlogRSDURL$>


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Tuesday was election day here in the Ozarks. I have no idea if I prevailed in my bid to serve on our county's 911 board. This was my first time running for office. There were four names on the ballot to serve a two-year term. Two of us were relatively new to the area (I've only been here 20 years) and the other two were lifelong county residents. Two of us were elected. I'm pretty sure I know which two. This county is notorious for keeping it local. There is a definite good-ole-boy network around here, and it shows during elections. In my time here, I've seen one Democrat get elected, and that was because there was no competition. Fortunately, she's been a pretty good Prosecuting Attorney. I probably won't find out who won the election until Thursday when our local paper is delivered. I'll let you know. But for now, if I got more than three votes, I'll be a happy camper.

Comments: Post a Comment
Observations & Rants Blog Directory

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?