<$BlogRSDURL$>


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Governor Blunt signed a bill today cutting about 100,000 people from the Missouri Medicaid rolls. He made it more difficult to be eligible for Medicaid assistance, plus they are cutting the services that will be provided. What this means to me is a mystery. They changed the income qualification from the federal poverty level of $9,570 annually to $7,369, the minimum level required by the Federal Government. They are cutting several services as well, including eyeglasses, prosthetics, rehab services, etc. This is disturbing to be because I've just started physical therapy last week. Fortunately, I should be done with my eye procedures before this stupid change takes effect. I can't deal with this now. I'm too confused.

Comments: Post a Comment
Observations & Rants Blog Directory

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?