<$BlogRSDURL$>


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Friday, April 15, 2005

A dispatcher down in Texas forgot the golden rule of dealing with pains in the butt: Whatever you may think about the caller, don't say it out loud.
A 911 dispatcher was reprimanded for responding to a mother's plea for help with an unruly child by saying: "OK. Do you want us to come over to shoot her?"

"I admit what I did. It was stupid, it was inexcusable and I'm sorry," said dispatcher Mike Forbess.
He apologized, of course, but still got a letter of reprimand and warned he would lose his job if it happened again. Like I said, it's okay to think it, just don't say it. She shouldn't have called 911 in the first place. Her daughters were having a fight, and one of them kicked a hole in a door. That's not a 911 problem; that's a "get my paddle" problem.

Comments: Post a Comment
Observations & Rants Blog Directory

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?