<$BlogRSDURL$>


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

This story just broke my heart tonight. Trucker, a sweet little blue heeler dog, was rescued from his abusive owner by police. The monster who had Trucker was hammering nails into the dog's head. This just made me sick. After surgery, which entailed removing nails from the dog's skull and cheekbone, doctors say Trucker will be permanently blind in one eye and deaf for the rest of his life. My family knows how passionate I am about dogs being abused. Well, any animal really. (For the record, I don't consider eating animals abusive.)

Just an additional nauseating detail in the story: the owner will probably not be charged with anything, due to his "mental state". At least he won't get the dog back. The CARE shelter who has Trucker will be taking applications for a new home for him. To show you the love that dogs can give, Trucker holds no grudge. A lot of dogs would be skittish around people; not Trucker. He'll give you some lovin' anytime. Just thinking about what he went through brings on the RCOB for me. I'd like to have just five minutes with that guy, and a few nails. Let's see how he likes it!

Comments: Post a Comment
Observations & Rants Blog Directory

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?