<$BlogRSDURL$>


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Saturday, March 19, 2005

There's tragedy abounding in Australia tonight. A major hospital is about to close.
A lack of funds has forced Australia's only frog hospital and disease surveillance group to shut its doors after six-and-a-half years of operation.
Can you believe it? Those poor, poor little froggies!
Public donations for the hospital and its larger entity, the Frog Decline Reversal Project (FDRP), have been minimal.

Ms Pergolotti says she believes this is because people view frogs as being "too far down the chain".

"So they'll help a baby bird or they'll help a wallaby hit by a car but when it comes down to an injured snake on a road or a sick frog that's below the line," she said.
You know, she's got me there. If I were to hit a dog or cat on the road, I'd be devastated, but if I ran over a snake or two, I'd probably want to celebrate. Same goes for a frog. I don't know why. I figure they're taking their own lives into their hands(?) when they try to cross the road. Dogs and cats are probably just trying to get home. I am such a sap!

Comments: Post a Comment
Observations & Rants Blog Directory

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?