<$BlogRSDURL$>


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Friday, March 04, 2005

I had an interesting day today. Since it was payday (yeah, right. Social Security is such a big paycheck) my daughter drove me to town to make a deposit. Okay, I know I could get direct deposit, but I prefer feeling the check before it's gone. Anyway, we're almost to the bank, when her husband passes us headed toward their house. We both turn around and meet in a parking lot, where she finds her oldest boy in the truck with dad. He was unusually quiet for a first grader, and we soon found out why. According to the teacher, he was so engrossed in reading his book, he forgot(?) he had to go to the bathroom, and soiled himself. I felt so sorry for the kid, but at the same time I wanted to laugh so hard I almost cried. Is that wrong? I applaud the love of reading that my daughter's children are developing, but that's just a little too much love. I only hope the other kids aren't too mean to him. You know they will be. Kids can be so cruel.

Comments:
Tell him not to feel bad your second and third oldest grandsons have done the same thing....within days of each other!
 
Post a Comment
Observations & Rants Blog Directory

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?