<$BlogRSDURL$>


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Sunday, March 13, 2005

At the wedding today, I met up with a couple of friends I hadn't seen since I was a teenager. My dear friend Tim, who sang a duet with my niece at the wedding, was one of a close-knit group of teens, myself included, who sang and played music at church. Boy, has he changed! He was always a big guy, but he reminds me of John Goodman now. Except he's losing his hair. But I still recognized him. He was the first guy to ever kiss me. What a special memory. There we were, on the steps of the church, and he leaned over and gave me a little peck on the cheek. (sigh). Now we're both in our late forties. He's in the process of getting a divorce. I'm sorry for that. He was always just like a big cuddly bear.

Another old friend, J.D., was the son of the minister of our church back then. I didn't recognize him at all. My sister (the one that just got married) dated his younger brother back in the day. Now J.D. and his wife are attending the same church as my sissy. The world is such a small place.

Comments: Post a Comment
Observations & Rants Blog Directory

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?