<$BlogRSDURL$>


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Saturday, February 12, 2005

For the record, Sir Mugley and I rarely celebrate Valentine's Day. We agree that it's wrong to buy someone a gift just because a day on the calendar requires it. So he usually doesn't get me anything for Valentine's Day, but he more than makes up for it the rest of the year. Gifts mean so much more when you receive them for no particular reason at all. This year is a little different. He brought me a present tonight. Bearing in mind my nickname is Monkeedo, he brought me a two foot tall stuffed gorilla wearing a leather biker jacket. Isn't that precious? I collect stuffed animals, so it is a double bonus. I now have an entire family of monkeys, including an animated one. It dances to "Jungle Boogie". He also plans to take me out to dinner on Monday night, then we're going to a used book store and probably spend too much. I'm looking forward to seeing where he decides to take me to dinner. We're both pretty tired of fast food, since that's usually all we can afford. But he got his school check today, so we can go somewhere and be waited on. Ah, luxury! I'll let you know how it goes.

Comments: Post a Comment
Observations & Rants Blog Directory

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?