<$BlogRSDURL$>


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

I owe all my readers an apology. I inadvertently posted a story here earlier this month, about a couple who named their child “Yahoo” since they met each other on the internet. Now I find out it was all made up.
A Romanian tabloid said on Monday it had fired a reporter for making up a story about a couple who named their son Yahoo as a sign of
gratitude for meeting over the Internet.

"It was the reporter's child's birth certificate, which he modified," said Simona Ionescu, Libertatea's deputy editor-in-chief. "We fired him."
Okay CBS, that’s how you handle this type of situation. You don’t ask for resignations, then wait weeks for them to appear.

Again, I apologize. I’m not above saying I was wrong in posting this news item. I will endeavor to make sure this doesn’t happen again.

Comments: Post a Comment
Observations & Rants Blog Directory

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?