<$BlogRSDURL$>


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Friday, January 28, 2005

After going back and reading the post below about the airline nightmare, I realize I left a few things out. In normal times, the adversity I went through to get that information wouldn't have gotten to me; I worked for the federal government for six years, and I'm used to red tape. But it just hit me at a really bad time.

I had my appointment with my therapist on Tuesday, and I was feeling really good about things. All the good luck we've had since the first of the year, and I was starting to see the light at the end of a 28 year long tunnel. I should have realized that light was the train coming. On Wednesday morning, I was hit with a quadruple header: our bank had cashed a check for us, after looking at the account, that had to be overdrafted, One of our circuit breakers went out, causing some of our outlets to cease working, the seal around the base of the toilet is leaking, causing a flooded carpet in the bathroom, and the gasket on the bottom of my washing machine crapped out, flooding the floor in the laundry room.

So you see, I'm not having a great week. The optimist inside me says it's gonna get better, but I've been hearing that crap for a long, long time. It's a good thing I have a high threshhold for pain. Otherwise, I'd probably just give up.

Comments: Post a Comment
Observations & Rants Blog Directory

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?