<$BlogRSDURL$>


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Friday, November 12, 2004

I'm not quite back yet, gang. My head is stuffed to the rafters, and I sound like Lauren Bacall. Actually, that part isn't so bad; kinda sexy even. Too bad I don't feel like acting on it. Anyway, I called my doctor's office to find out what I could do for it, and got some very strange advice. The nurse practitioner gave me a recipe for clear sinuses: 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons salt, 1 rounded teaspoon baking soda, and a quart of water. Mix completely, then put a little in the palm of your hand and, while standing over a sink, sniff it up your nose. It will make your nose run like crazy, and draw all the congestion out of your sinuses. Isn't that weird? They recommend 3 to 4 times a day. I'll try it if and only if the Sudafed doesn't work. So, as soon as I can think straight again, I'll be back. Don't forget about me. If you need reading material, check out my archives, or the blogroll on the right, or even the ads. It is all entertaining. Goodnight.

Comments:
We had something similar in the 70s, although more expensive.
We called it "cocaine."
As a home remedy, it never really caught on.
 
Post a Comment
Observations & Rants Blog Directory

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?