<$BlogRSDURL$>


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Wednesday, November 24, 2004

As I write this, it's early in the morning. The rain is starting to taper off, and the temperature is holding at 44 degrees. Sometime later today we're supposed to get our first snow of the season. That doesn't matter to me; I stocked the fridge today so I don't have to go out. But the dogs will be in the house all day, because of the mud. It's going to be very difficult to get my cooking done.

We're going over to our daughter's house for Thanksgiving dinner, but I'm doing my traditional duty and making the chicken and noodles. She just can't seem to get the hang of it. Making noodles from scratch is so easy, I don't know why I didn't do it long ago. The real trick, besides letting them dry before cutting and cooking them, is how to season the chicken. Of course, she can do that part, but her noodles always fall apart. She can never seem to use enough flour. Oh well, Sir Mugley likes my noodles. I imagine I'll cook enough that we can take a good potful and still have enough at home for a meal. If there's enough chicken in it, the noodles are a meal all by themselves, with perhaps a big hunk of buttered bread on the side.
Yum Yum! I'm getting hungry already!

Comments: Post a Comment
Observations & Rants Blog Directory

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?